- Scale-out capability: The V3 mid-range storage systems allow resources to be linearly expanded online to a maximum of eight controllers, 1 TB of cache, and 5 PB of storage capacity, meeting business growth.
- Load balancing: The V3 mid-range storage systems implement load balancing among controllers and eliminate single points of failure to ensure high system availability and protect stability of online services. Multiple controllers concurrently process the same host service to eliminate the performance bottleneck of a single controller and significantly improve service processing efficiency.
- Convergence of SAN and NAS: SAN and NAS are converged to provide elastic storage, simplify service deployment, improve storage resource utilization, and reduce total cost of ownership (TCO). Underlying storage resource pools provide both block service and file service and shorten storage resource access paths to ensure that the two services are equally efficient.
- Convergence of heterogeneous storage systems: Thanks to the built-in heterogeneous virtualization function, the V3 mid-range storage systems can efficiently manage storage systems from other mainstream vendors and unify resource pools for central and flexible resource allocation.
- Convergence of high-end, mid-range, and entry-level storage systems: The V3 series storage systems are the only storage systems that enable high-end, mid-range, and entry-level storage systems to interwork seamlessly with one another. In this way, data can
freely flow among storage products of different models without the assistance of third-party systems.
- Convergence of SSDs and HDDs: The advantages of traditional and solid-state storage media are combined, bringing the performance of different types of storage media into full play and striking an optimal balance between performance and cost.
- Convergence of primary and backup storage: The built-in backup function enables data to be efficiently backed up without additional backup software, simplifying backup solution management.
- Multi-tenant and service level agreement (SLA): The V3 mid-range storage systems enable storage resources to be intelligently allocated in cloud computing environments to meet the needs of enterprises and organizations. They also leverage data isolation and a range of data security policies such as data encryption and data destruction to meet varying data security requirements. They provide four service levels and allocate storage resources based on service priorities. Storage resources are first allocated to high-priority services to ensure system performance and shorten response time.
- Smart series efficiency improvement suite: The V3 mid-range storage systems leverage SmartTier (dynamic storage tiering), SmartMotion (intelligent data migration), and innovative SmartVirtualization (heterogeneous virtualization) to achieve vertical, horizontal, and crosssystem 3D data flow, significantly improving storage resource utilization.
- Hyper series data protection suite: Data protection software such as remote replication, snapshot, and LUN copy is provided to meet user needs for local, remote, and multi-branch data protection, maximizing business continuity and data availability.
- Unified management: The V3 mid-range storage systems provide powerful storage management software that supports global topology view, capacity analysis, performance analysis, fault diagnosis, and endto-end service visualization to manage a wide range of devices.
- Mobile management: Users can use tablets and mobile phones to manage storage systems in real time. System status is sent automatically, making constant attendance by an engineer unnecessary.
- Convenient management: The V3 mid-range storage systems can be initially configured in five steps, which takes about 40 seconds, and expanded in two steps, which takes about 15 seconds.
- Outstanding performance and specifications: The V3 mid-range storage systems employ next-generation Intel multi-core processors, 16 Gbit/s Fibre Channel, 10 Gbit/s FCoE, and 56 Gbit/s InfiniBand host ports, PCIe 3.0 buses, and 12 Gbit/s SAS 3.0 disk ports, and provide up to 28 GB/s of system bandwidth to meet the requirements of bandwidth-intensive applications, such as video and other large files. They also offer million-level IOPS performance, outshining products from other vendors.
- Exclusive SmartIO cards: A SmartIO card supports 8 Gbit/s Fibre Channel, 16 Gbit/s Fibre Channel, 10 Gbit/s iSCSI, and 10 Gbit/s FCoE.
- Industry-leading deduplication/compression cards: The V3 mid-range storage systems support lossless data deduplication and compression, efficiently reducing data storage costs. In addition, they can leverage data encryption to secure data.