- Unified SAN and NAS: Supports SAN and NAS storage protocols, structured and non-structured data within one storage system.
- Unified protocols: Compatible with various storage networks and protocols, including iSCSI, FC, NFS, CIFS, HTTP, and FTP.
- GUI-based central storage management: Provides a graphical user interface for central management of files and data blocks. The wizards guide users through every configuration.
Flexibility and Reliability
- Upgrade: Users can easily upgrade block-level storage to unified storage.
- Hot swapping modules: Users can hot-swap controllers, fans, power supplies, I/O modules, and hard disks without compromising ongoing user services.
- Diversified disk types: Supports SAS, NL SAS, SATA, FC and SSD disks, fitting into various scenarios.
- Reliable architecture: Full component redundancy prevents single points of failure. Data coffer and file system mirror improve system reliability.
- Advanced I/O port scalability and flexibility: Supports up to 12 I/O modules with a maximum of 48 I/O ports. Supported I/O port types include 4 Gbps or 8 Gbps FC, 1 Gbps iSCSI, 10 Gbps iSCSI（TOE）,10Gbps FCoE and 6 Gbps SAS ports.
- Data protection: Provides seamless integration with Enterprise Vault and NetBackup to achieve disaster recovery through remote replication.
- Application optimization: HostAgent implements application-level fast backup/recovery and DR verification for mainstream operating systems, such as Oracle, DB2, Exchange Server, and SQL Server.
Economy and Efficiency
- Multi-node clustering: Active-active nodes achieve simultaneous operating among nodes and provide parallel access to data.
- SmartCache acceleration: Improves performance by using SSD as secondary cache. The IOPS could be improved multiple times in mixed workload environment.
- Automatic thin provisioning: HyperThin supports automatic capacity expansion for improved disk utilization so that customers can buy storage devices on demand, reducing the total cost of ownership.
- DST: Dynamic storage tiering (DST) implements transparent bidirectional dynamic data migration between various storage media based on file access frequency or a time policy. It maximizes return on investment.
- Proactive remote service: The up-to-date Cloud Service provides functions of system health check, warning, and alarm notification. The robust troubleshooting expert background minimizes adverse impacts on a system and slashes system downtimes.